Baltimore commemorates 200th birthday of Edgar Allan Poe
Charm City is throwing a city-wide celebration in honor of the famed writer with special events planned throughout the year. Highlights of “Nevermore 2009” include:
• Baltimore City’s Edgar Allan Poe Bicentennial Birthday Celebration (January 17, 18, 31, and February 1)
• “Edgar Allan Poe: More Than a Poet” exhibition at Enoch Pratt Free Library (starts January 19)
• The Fall of the House of Usher at Black Box Theatre (February 27 – 28)
• “Cask of Amontillado Wine Tasting Among the Bones” (March 27)
• Public viewing on the anniversary of his death (October 9)
• Re-enactment of his funeral service (October 10)
• “Art of Darkness” exhibition at Baltimore Museum of Art (October – December)
In addition to these happenings, along with special tours and lectures, you can also visit the Edgar Allan Poe House and Museum in West Baltimore, as well as his gravesite at Westminster Hall Burying Grounds.
For complete details on events and ticket prices, log on to www.nevermore2009.com.
Source: The Baltimore Area Convention and Visitors Association. (2008, October 30). Quoth the raven: Nevermore 2009 in Baltimore. PR Newswire. Retrieved October 30, 2008, from http://www.prnewswire.com/